Camden Place, at Chislehurst, Kent is a grade II* listed building which has, since 1894 housed Chislehurst Golf Club.
In the 1860’s Camden Place was refurbished as a French chateau, complete with a new dining room with panelling taken from the Chateau de Bercy. It has been described as the ‘probably the best French interior in England’.
It was certainly a room fit for royalty and in 1870 became the home of the court of Napoleon lll in exile. He died at the house in 1873.