Since 1894 Camden Place has been the magnificent home of Chislehurst Golf Club., but its history dates from 1609 when antiquarian William Camden built a house on the site.
Since that time, it evolved from country house to Georgian mansion and finally a French chateau. It has been the scene of a brutal double murder and home to the French Court in exile. Queen Victoria and Tsar Alexander ll are amongst the many leading figures who visited Camden Place.
The house will delight those interested in decorative arts, Georgian architecture or the influence of French design on English style.