Chislehurst Golf Club's home is its magnificent clubhouse, Camden Place, which was built around 1717 and for a while during the 1870s, was the home of Napoleon III, the Empress Eugenie and their son the Prince Imperial.
Surrounded by the history of our Club, the Trophy Hall provides a quiet place to enjoy a coffee or afternoon tea while meeting with friends or relaxing with the daily paper.
Also known as the dining room, this visually stunning room is enhanced by 18th century oak panelling that was rescued from Chateau de Bercy, a former hunting lodge of Louis XIII. This, our largest and grandest room, can accommodate up to 74 guests on round tables or 98 on a straight table format. It is typically used by the Club for formal events, large meetings and each week for Sunday Lunch and is available for hire for that special occasion.
The Oval Room dates back to 1780 and was originally the main entrance to the house. This magnificent room is both unusual in its shape and noteworthy because of its decoration. A series of floor to ceiling wall paintings in Dutch style depict a lavish lifestyle and, combined with the French doors which open to the grounds, give it a spacious yet friendly feel. An added advantage with its room is that it can be opened up into the Imperial Lounge for larger events or can be closed to accommodate smaller receptions and celebrations.
Known within the Club as the Mixed Lounge, this room was part of the original house, built in 1717. With incredible floor to ceiling windows, it provides our guests with uninterrupted views of the grounds while it's interior decor includes newly restored wall paintings. With one of our three bars located in the room, it is truly a space for celebrating a grand event, accommodating up to 150 guests when opened to include the Oval Room.
Accessed through the Mixed Lounge doors or by walking around to the rear of the clubhouse, our west-facing terrace is ideal for relaxing over a drink and a bar meal while recounting tales of golfing glory from the day, or watching fellow golfers putt out on the 18th green. Open to members and their guests for beverages and food during kitchen hours, a tap on the hatch door will attract a member of the bar staff.
The Clubhouse has three bars to accommodate golfers, visitors and more formal occasions alike. This bar is open to members and their guests at all times to enjoy food and beverages.
Also known as The Club Room, this is our smallest room. Its original ornate plaster ceiling dates back to the 18th century and is attributed to Edward 'Athenian' Stewart. The Louis Room is ideal for more intimate gatherings and business meetings.
The Faber Bar is the Club's Spike Bar where golf attire and shoes are permitted at all times. Equipped with Sky television, members can enjoy a drink and a bite to eat after golf while watching their favourite sporting event.
Tucked away between the Club Office and the Faber Bar, this room can typically be used without notice but can also be booked by using the snooker diary kept in the room itself. Open to members and their guests, our Snooker table is fully equipped and of competition standard.
The Pro Shop is located outside at the rear of the building adjacent to the Men's Locker Room. The Pro Shop is open from 8.00am until 6.00pm during the Summer season, typically closing at 4.00pm (or when it gets dark) during the Winter season.