Chislehurst Golf Club has a strong ladies’ golf section consisting of over 80 members.
We are fortunate to have a members’ club with an excellent golf course and a listed club house steeped in history. However, it is not our club house or golf course that make our club so wonderful, it is our members.
With no requirement to book a tee-time and organised ladies’ roll-ups at both the weekend and during the week, it is easy for our lady members to ‘turn-up and play’, to meet and play with different members or to join in with the many mixed and individual medal and stableford competitions.
The ladies’ section enjoys social and competitive golf for players of all standards, including:
- No requirement to book tee times
- Play from 7am during the summer (8am in the winter)
- Weekend roll-ups on Saturday and Sunday mornings, open to men and ladies (and when no competitions are scheduled)
- Weekday roll-ups for Ladies’ on Monday and Wednesday mornings
- Club PGA Professional and Assistant Professional both available for lessons and support in gaining, maintaining and improving your handicap
- The opportunity to play in a full calendar of club competitions, including mid-week and monthly stableford and medal competitions, Spring and Autumn meetings, the Summer club championships, winter and summer knockout competitions, mixed and family competitions and many other seasonal and fun golfing events
- The opportunity to play in inter-club friendlies and formal competitions.
Our Academy programme has also been very successful at regularly adding new members to our section. Ladies joining our section are encouraged to play in our nine and eighteen hole stableford competitions, along with the many fun events that we have throughout the year.
There is a good interaction between the men’s and ladies’ sections, with more mixed matches and fun competitions than ever before. Each year the men’s vets (over 55s) and our ladies compete for the Bryant Bowl, while in October we have the annual men’s vs ladies’ section match where we play for the Temple Trophy. In addition, we have several competitions where the ladies’ section play against the juniors.